How do we protect the confidentiality and security of your information?
We use physical and technical safeguards to protect your information. We restrict access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. Third-party business partners are bound by law to use the information only for our purposes. They may not disclose it or use it in any other way. We comply with all data security laws.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you from different sources.
We collect information you send us on applications and forms
- We collect information from your transactions with our vendor companies, others, or us.
- We may collect information from a consumer reporting agency or medical provider.
This collection depends on the product or service you request.
What categories of information do we disclose and to whom?
We do not sell your information to anyone. We may disclose this information to a business that carries out services and marketing for us. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information for a legal or regulatory purpose. These include the following types of information.
- We may disclose information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, Social Security number and family member information. This may also include assets, income and the property address and value.
- We may disclose information from your transactions with our vendors, or us. This may include your account balance(s), policy coverage, and payment history. This may also include premium paid, preferences, claims, purchase method, and related financial transactions.
- We also disclose information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency or other report. This may include your credit report, motor vehicle and driver data. This may also include medical and employment data, loss history reports, and other driver data. This disclosure depends on the products you select.
- We may disclose information to companies that perform marketing services to our behalf. As permitted by law, we may disclose some information to other financial institutions with which we have joint-marketing agreements.
We do not sell your personal information. We do not share it, except for the reasons described above. Therefore, there is no need for an opt-out process at Hinchley and Company.
Is your medical information confidential?
Our vendors and Insurance Companies sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to pay a claim. We do not use or share it, internally or externally, for any purpose except the following:
- Underwriting insurance
- administering your policy, account, or claim;
- as required or permitted by law; or
- as otherwise authorized by you
What information does Hinchley and Company collect from Web sites?
Hinchley and Company may collect the information you provide when you
request information from our Web site
- use online tools and calculators
- subscribe to online services
- complete an online form
- conduct transactions online
Hinchley and Company contracts with certain unaffiliated business partners who help us deliver online products and services. They may keep the information you provide. Other online activities listed in the following screens.
Hinchley and Company collects site aggregate and customer-specific information about the pages you view on our site. We log IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times and referral data. We also collect information a customer volunteers on surveys and electronic forms. This information is used to improve our Web sites.
Hinchley and Company gathers data on its Web sites. This is a standard industry practice and is used to find out how visitors use our site. We collect aggregate information on the public areas of our Web site. We also collect information on an individual basis on areas of our Web site that require visitors to logon using an ID and password. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our Web site
- The pages they visit and the features they use
- How long they stay on our Web site
- The web site people come from before reaching our Web site
Use of “Cookies”
Hinchley and Company stores a cookie on a person's computer when they visit our Web site. A cookie is a tiny piece of information that is required to create and maintain a secure session. Cookies let a person request information and do business online. The cookies do not have confidential or personal information. They do not track a user after leaving our Web site. We use a third-party tracking utility, which may set cookies, to analyze how users move within our site.
Other Online Security
Hinchley and Company also uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This keeps all information confidential when it is sent between our Web site and the user's computer.
Hinchley and Company keeps the e-mail you send to us. If you agree to receive e-mail messages from us, we will keep the information you give us to send e-mail of specific interest to you. If you choose to send us e-mail, we keep your e-mail, your e-mail address, and our reply. Please be careful about the information you give us in an e-mail. As with any public Web site, this communication may not be secure.
Why does Hinchley and Company collect information on its web site?
Hinchley and Company or our business partners use the
information from our Web sites for many purposes:
- Edits and feedback
- Marketing and promotions
- Analysis of user behavior
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Informing advertisers how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements
- Customize Web site content and layout
If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from the use we told you when we collected it, we will notify you by posting a note on our Web site for 30 days.
This privacy statement describes our privacy practices for both current and former customers. We will provide one copy of this notice to our clients; please share this information with everyone associated with your financial interest. If you request, we will send more copies of this statement. If you are already a customer, we will mail you a copy of our new privacy statement.
Please submit any inquiries to us at:
Hinchley and Company
8 W. Broadmoor Drive
Littleton, CO 80102
Please include, in all correspondence, your name, current address, e-mail address and phone number. For changes to information that we control, such as your name and address, please contact us. You may also reach us by phone at (303) 284-8081.
We will provide you a copy of your personal information that we control and can reasonably retrieve. To access your information, you must provide the following:
- All account numbers you want to access
- Please sign your request and have your signature notarized. This ensures the identity of the person requesting the information.
- We do not currently charge a fee to cover the cost of providing you with a copy of this information. However, we do reserve the right to charge a small fee in the future.
- You may request that we correct your personal information in our files. Please note that we do not control information provided by third parties. So, you will need to contact the third party to correct any information from them.
- Sometimes we obtain your consumer or credit report. If so, you may request the credit-reporting agency’s name and address. You may ask the agency to give you a copy of your report.
Thank you for choosing Hinchley and Company.
We look forward to building a lifetime relationship with you.